Binn Group recycling services graphic with green image outlines on a white background

state-of-the-art recycling plant at binn farm

At Binn Group’s complex near Glenfarg, a £1.5 million state-of-the-art recycling plant houses an advanced materials handling facility capable of processing up to 125.000 tonnes of mixed dry recyclables a year. And with legislation focusing increasingly on recycling, new methods are constantly being explored to turn today’s waste into tomorrow’s resource. Waste (Scotland) Regulations 2012 demand that by 2025 only 5% of all waste generated in Scotland can go to Landfill and Binn Group is moving ever closer to achieving this.

Our state-of-the-art recycling plants at Binn Farm are able to handle waste previously bound for landfill effectively and efficiently. And with a large and flexible transport fleet, they can provide a bespoke collection service to suit all recycling needs.

Recyclable materials are collected from households and businesses throughout Perthshire, Stirlingshire, Fife, Dundee, Angus and Central Scotland. These are taken to the Binn Group complex where we operate our own materials recycling facilities (MRF) where a wide variety of recyclable materials are separated, graded, baled and sent to re-processors. A team of hand-pickers and automated trammels ensure nothing that could be re-routed back into the consumer cycle is overlooked.

As a result, in excess of 86% of all materials brought to our recycling centre are transformed into useful commodities. The remaining 14% is now being processed into SRF (Secondary Recovered Fuel), generating electricity and power from materials that would otherwise have gone to landfill.

we have a state-of-the-art recycling plant

With a large and flexible transport fleet, we can provide a bespoke collection service to suit all recycling needs.

  • "It made sense for a large club aspiring to become more environmentally friendly and recycling aware to team up with one of the best waste management companies in the business."

    Dougie Cleeton
  • "The partnership with Binn Group has been an incredibly effective one for our business. Our team commend them for doing such a good job."

    Siobhan McConnell
  • "We're grateful to Binn Group for their support, their sponsorship has helped to raise our profile and we can't thank our sponsors enough."

    Donna Doran