Job Title – Mechanic
Application Closing Date: 10th December 2018
Location: Binn Group, Binn Farm, Glenfarg, PH2 9PX
Overview: To carry out vehicle, trailer and machine inspections and repairs. Mechanics will also be required to undertake modifications as required and requested.
Ensure compliance with DVSA and SHE Regulations.
- Carry out cost effective major and minor mechanical repairs to Group fleet.
- Carry out and assist in the maintenance and repairs of waste management systems and machinery.
- Liaise with Supervisor to ensure that all materials/parts are ordered and at hand to support timely repairs.
- Comply with the requirements of a safe working environment by following the H&S policy and applying safe working principles.
- Carry out timely routine servicing on Group vehicles, mobile plant and machinery.
- Complete service inspection sheets for Group vehicles, mobile plant and machines.
- Conduct preventative vehicle, plant and equipment maintenance programmes.
- Supervision of Apprentice(s)Mechanic
- Attend, participate and contribute to meetings ensuring appropriate up to date information is communicated and acted upon.
- Develop and maintain relationships within other functions within the company to develop a full understanding of customer expectations to ensure that service meets expectations.
- Establish and maintain good customer relationships at all levels
- Fully understand the many different areas of the business and structure in order to value different requirements and act with diplomacy to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Act as an ambassador for the company ensuring client confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Undertake and/or assist in any other duties as required by Senior management.
To apply please direct a covering letter and CV to Daniel McAtear: Daniel.McAtear@binngroup.co.uk